- Open the Boards tab from the left navigation bar.
- Click the blue Board picker.
- Click "Create Board" at the bottom of the list of Boards.
In the resulting window:
- Give your Board a title.
- (**Optional**) Add a description. The description will appear when users hover over the Board's name in the Board picker.
- Choose a layout. You can pick:
- One column
- Two columns (1/2, 1/2) - Each column will take up half the window.
- Two columns (1/3, 2/3) - The left column will only take up one-third of the window; the right column will cover the remaining two-thirds.
- Two columns (2/3, 1/3) - The left columns will take up two-thirds of the window; the left column will only cover the remaining one-third.
- Three columns
- Four columns
- Five columns
- Check "Show Location Filter" if you want to be able to filter the entire Board by Location. Doing so will add a Network diagram to the left side of the Board; clicking any of those Locations will filter every Card by that Location.
For more information, check out this support page.
- (**Optional**) Assign the Board a rank. The rank helps determine the order in which Boards appear in the Board picker.
Private Boards are at the top of the list and public Boards at the bottom.
Within those subsets, Boards with a lower rank (e.g. 1) will be towards the top and those with higher ranks (e.g. 10) will be towards the bottom.
If multiple Boards share the same rank, they appear in alphabetical order relative to each other.
- Decide if the Board will be public. Check to make the Board accessible to other users; leave it unchecked if you want to be the only person who can access it.
If the Board is public, you'll see more optional fields:
- Nest Under: Public Boards can be nested in a folder structure. Select the Board under which you would like to nest this Board, or leave this field blank if this should be a top level Board.
- Restrict Viewing to: Public Boards are visible to the entire organization unless you restrict their visibility. To limit the visibility of this Board to specific people or Network Locations, enter them in this field.
NOTE: Global Board Administrators can access any public Board so long as they have a direct link to it.
Pro Tip: If you are editing the visibility of a public Board that you did not create, be sure to include yourself on this list. If you do not, you will be unable to access the Board in the future.
- Owner(s): Public Boards are editable by their creator, Board administrators and people that you add to this field.
- Subscriber(s): You can subscribe people to the Board so that a link to the Board will be included in each of their subscription emails. You can add people by name, Role, or Location.
People you subscribe can unsubscribe themselves at any time.
Add Cards to the Board to display all your important information.