Who can edit an Improvement?
- The Assigner
- The Responsible Person
- The Author
- Any of the Collaborators
- Anyone with the “Edit” permission for Improvements within the relevant Network Location(s)
- Anyone with the “Assign” permission for Improvements within the relevant Network Location(s).
- If the Improvement is nested under a Project, the Project’s Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors.
- If the Improvement is nested under a Chart, the Chart’s Authors.
How do I edit an Improvement?
Open the Improvement you wish to edit, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the Improvement’s page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window, you can:
- Edit any Fields or Attributes that are a part of this Template
- Add a Project, a Chart, or an Incident to the “Parent” field if you want to nest this Improvement beneath it
- Remove a Project, a Chart, or an Incident from the “Parent” field if you want to unnest this Improvement
- Depending on this template's configurations and your own permissions, you may see a “Require Resolution Approval” checkbox. Checking this box means that when the Responsible Person submits their Resolution, the Improvement will enter the Resolution Submitted status and will not be completed until the Assigner approves the Resolution. If this box is unchecked, the Improvement will automatically be completed when the Responsible Person submits their Resolution
- Check the box next to “Make Private” to make the Improvement private and restrict its visibility to only its Team Members and users with the “View Private” permission for Improvements in this Network Location(s)
NOTE: If you do not see this option, you do not have permission to make the Improvement private.
- If you have the “Honor Roll” permission for this Improvement, you will see a near the bottom of this window. Click this icon to grant the Improvement Honor Roll - the icon will turn yellow when Honor Roll has been granted
- When you are finished making your edits, click .
- If you wish to exit out of the edit window without saving any changes, click either “Cancel” in the bottom left corner or click the in the top right corner of the window.
- If there were any changes that were made to the Improvement within the edit window, then after clicking either “Cancel” or the , you will be prompted with an additional window:
NOTE: This window will only appear if you have made any sort of edit(s) to Fields or Attributes on the Improvement since you opened up the edit window. If no changes were made to the Improvement, then if you were to close out of the edit window, you would not be prompted with this additional message.
- Click to exit the edit window without saving any of the changes you made to the Improvement.
- Click to return to the edit window of the Improvement to continue making changes if necessary.
Other Ways to edit an Improvement
You can also edit your Improvement by clicking the in the top right of the panel you are on. This will bring up a window where you can make edits to all of the fields contained within that panel on your Template. This is particularly useful if you are using Custom Layouts on your Templates.
If you wish to make changes to a specific field or Attribute, you can do so with single field editing. This can be especially helpful if you are trying to update a specific field rather than scrolling through a list of available fields on the Template.
Clicking on the field or Attribute you want to edit in the work panel will open a window in which you can edit that specific information. If the Attribute you want to edit is configured to affect other fields or Attributes, those secondary fields and Attributes will be included on that window.