What are an Improvement's Locations?
It's often useful to identify where an Improvement took place. To accomplish this in KaiNexus, you can assign a Location to an Improvement. You can then filter a list of Improvements by Location to see which apply to a given department, system, workgroup, etc.
Locations identify either where an Improvement was authored (the Originating Location) or where the work was done to implement the Improvement (the Responsible Location).
Who can change the location of an Improvement?
- The Assigner
- Anyone with the "Assign" permission for Improvements in that Location
- If the Improvement is nested under a Project, the Project's Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors. If the Improvement is nested under a Chart, the Chart's Authors.
How do I change the Location of an Improvement?
Open the Improvement with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- (**Optional**) Enter the names of the Location(s) where the Improvement was authored in the "Originating Location(s)" field.
- (**Optional**) Enter the names of the Location(s) where the Improvement will be worked on and/or implemented in the "Responsible Location(s)" field.
- Click .