Only the people participating in it or those people with the “View Private” permission for Improvements in that Location are able to see a private Improvement. People who do not meet either of those requirements will be unable to:
- See its information on lists of Improvements
- Open the Improvement's page
- Access its links or attachments
This keeps any privileged information from becoming general knowledge, while still allowing it to be entered into KaiNexus.
A private Improvement’s impact data is recorded in the organization’s metrics, but uninvolved people will not be able to access the Improvement from any Reports. The Improvement will also be counted towards the total number of Improvements in the organization (or in its Parent Project, if there is one) but, again, it cannot be seen or accessed by people without the right permissions through any lists.
NOTE: Because private Improvements are, well, private, neither your organization’s administrators nor KaiNexus Support will be able to help you with them unless they are added to the Improvement’s team or given the "View Private" permission.
How do I make an Improvement private?
- Check the box next to "Make Private" near the bottom of the screen to make this Improvement private. NOTE: Only users with the “Toggle Private” permission as part of one or more of their Roles will see this option.
- If you're editing an existing Improvement, click .
If you're creating a new Improvement, click .
NOTE: Your Improvement may be nested under a Project that is configured to allow people on the Project's team to see all nested private Improvements, regardless of their affiliation with the Improvement or their permissions.