Where are important dates listed for each Improvement?
When you open an Improvement, you can find its relevant dates listed in the "Dates" section on the right side of the page directly under the "Team" section.
What dates should I know for each Improvement?
The dates you see are dependent on the status of the Improvement.
- Created on: The date on which it was originally submitted. This date cannot be changed.
- Assigned on: The date on which a leader originally assigned someone to work on it. This date cannot be changed.
- Start on: The date on which work on an Improvement actually began or is scheduled to begin. Once the Improvement is completed, this date can only be changed by Quality Administrators.
- Due on: This is the date by which work on the Improvement should be completed. This date can be changed by anyone with the "Assign" permission for Improvements in that Location.
In the week before the Improvement is due, this date will be highlighted in yellow and its font turned to red. After the due date passes, this Improvement is considered overdue and this date will be highlighted in red and the Team will receive an alert. That’s your cue to either complete the Improvement or change the due date.
- Resolution submitted on: The date on which the Resolution was submitted for approval. When a Resolution is submitted, the Assigner will receive an alert. If the Resolution is updated and re-submitted for approval, this date will change to the date of the more recent submission. This date cannot otherwise be changed.
If the Resolution was never submitted for approval (e.g. if the Assigner resolved the Improvement or the Assigner's approval was not required for the Resolution), this date will not be displayed on the Improvement.
- Completed on: The date on which the Improvement was completed. It is not necessarily the date on which the Responsible person completed their work, but rather the date on which their leader approved their Resolution. If the Resolution is reopened and re-completed, this date will change to the date of the more recent completion. This date can only be changed by Quality Administrators.
NOTE: Changing the completion date to a future date will not automatically reopen the Improvement.
- Review on: The date on which a deferred Improvement is scheduled to be reviewed. When this date is reached, the Assigner will receive an alert. This date can be changed by anyone with the "Assign" permissions for Improvements in that Location.
- Last updated: The date on which the most recent updates were made. If you notice that an Improvement has been updated since you last looked at it, you might want to investigate to make sure you’re not missing any new, relevant information. This date cannot be manually changed.
How do I change one of those dates?
If a date can be manually edited and you have the appropriate permissions and roles to change that date as detailed above, you will see a displayed next to it.
Click on that icon. In the resulting window, either:
- Manually type the new date in the date field.
- Click to open the calendar. You can click the exact date, click "Today" to change the value to today's date, or click "7d," "14d," "30d," or "90d" to change the value to the date that is 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, or 90 days from today, respectively.