The Admin area is only accessible by administrators; only Quality Administrators can perform the functions detailed on this support page.
Each System Role can be set with notification preferences which will become the default preferences of each User with the assigned Role. These notification preferences control which updates a User receives outside of any notifications they receive for being a team member on an Item.
NOTE: The default notification preferences of users with multiple Roles will be a superset of those Roles' preferences.
How do I change a Role’s notification settings?
To change a Role’s notification settings:
- Navigate to the “Roles” page from within the Admin section .
- Hover over the Role you wish to edit and near the right side of the page click .
- In the resulting window:
- Click to create a new notification preference (see below for more details).
- Click to clear the list of notification preferences. This is useful if you want to start from scratch.
- Click any of the current notification preferences. You have the same options when editing a notification preference as you do when creating a new one.
- Click to delete a notification preference entirely.
- In the new Notification Preference window:
You will first be prompted to choose which Workflow you want the Users to be notified about. The following options available are:
- All Workflows
- Incident (if the Incident Module is enabled for your organization)
Once you've chosen a Workflow, a new optional drop-down will appear directly below the "Type" field. If you want Users with this Role to be notified about every Template Type in this Workflow that meets the rest of this preference, leave this field blank.
If you only want them to be notified about certain Template Types, fill in this drop-down.
Click the drop-down to open a menu of all your organization's Template Types in that Workflow. Select as many as you would like to have included in this notification preference.
You will then be prompted to choose what type of activity or action you want the Users to be notified about. You can choose to be notified when an Item enters a specified status. The following options available are:
- Resolution Submitted
- Due Date Approaching
- Milestone Ready
- Milestone Approve
- Milestone Un-approve
- Milestone Added
- Milestone Removed
- Milestone Ready Deadline Passed
- Milestone Approval Deadline Passed
Check the box next to "Include Project Based Items" to include Items that are nested under a Project. Leave this box unchecked to only include stand-alone Items.
Check the box next to “Require Edit Permission” to only include Items that the User has the ability to edit. Leave this box unchecked to include Items that the User may not be able to make any changes to.
You will next be prompted to choose the Location parameters for this notification preference. The following options available are:
- Anywhere - Users will get notified about Items in every Location of the organization. This is best for Process Improvement or other leaders who need to hear about all Improvements made in the organization, not just ones in certain Locations.
- User’s Location & Below - Users will get notified about Items in their Location(s), as well as the Locations under it in the Network. This is best for Users who lead a department or division made up of several sub-levels, who need to be informed about all work done in each tier of their Location.
- User’s Location Only - Users will get notified only about work done in their own Location(s). This is often used in cases where you lead a group or team that has sub-levels in the Network, but you only want to be notified about the work done at your particular Location.
Next, you will be prompted to decide when you want them to be notified. The following options available are:
NOTE: You will only be prompted for this information if you select "New," "Overdue," "Resolution Submitted," “Milestone Ready Deadline Passed,” and “Milestone Approval Deadline Passed” in the "Activity" drop-down.
- Immediately - They will be notified in the moment.
- Delayed - They will be notified after a set number of days. Once you choose "Delayed," a new "After __ day(s)" field will appear. Enter the number of days by which you want the notification to be delayed in that field.
Check the box next to "Remind each week?" to be notified about this event every week until it is addressed. This helps keep information from falling through the cracks.
Finally, decide how you want the Users to be notified by selecting what type of notification they will receive upon meeting the criteria of the notification preference. The following options available are:
- Alert Only - An alert is added to the Item, marking it for their attention. This alert will generate an in-app notification they can find in their Notification window.
- Alert + Email - An alert is added to the Item, marking it for their attention. This alert will generate an in-app notification they can find in their Notification window as well as send them an email notification about it.
- Specific Outcomes:
The last setting you might need to enter is the Specific Outcomes/Impact qualifications.
NOTE: You will only be prompted for this information if you select "Completed" in the "Activity" drop-down. A third drop-down under “Type” will appear where you have the option to select “Specific Outcomes”.
Selecting “Specific Outcomes” will give you additional options at the bottom of your Notification Preference window. Check the box next to every outcome of an Item you want the Users to be notified about.
- Impact Types - Choose which Impact Types you want them to be notified about. These are the types of changes an Item with Resolution enabled might have resulted in.
- No Change Reasons - Choose which “No Change Reasons” you want them to be notified about. These are the possible reasons for why an Item did not result in any change.
- Third Option Reasons - Choose which “Third Option Reasons” you want them to be notified about. These are the outcomes of Items that were neither resulted in any change, nor was a possible “No Change Reason”.
NOTE: If your organization doesn’t have any “Third Option Reasons” configured, you will not see this category.
- When you're finished, click .