How do I create a new Project?
- Click at the top of the screen.
- All of your organization’s types of Improvements and Projects will then be displayed, with Improvements signified by a and Projects by a . Choose the kind of Project you would like to create and click it.
In the resulting window:
- Depending on the type of Project, different information will be required; there may be optional fields and attributes as well. You will be required to enter a short summary of the Project - this field is often called the “Title,” “Summary,” or “Theme.”
Once you’ve entered the title, click outside that field. If there are any similar Improvements or Projects in KaiNexus, a blue badge will appear next to the magnifying glass like this: . The number displayed on that badge correlates to the number of similar items.
Hover over that icon to see a list of the titles of those similar items or click that icon to open a more detailed list of items.
This list includes the colored status bar, the Project and Improvement icons, the items’ titles and ID numbers, and the item’s similarity score - a higher score means that the item is more similar to the title you entered than the others on this list. You can click on any of those items to access the Project or Improvement itself.
- You may also assign a start date and an end date, as well as any other fields that may be available.
- If you want to make your Project part of another Project, fill out the Parent Project field with the name of that Project.
- Users with the "Private" permission have the option to make an Improvement private by checking the box next to "Make Private?".
- Check the box next to “Allow Project Team to see the nested private Improvements in this Project” to allow team members to view any private Improvements that are part of the Project.
- Check the box next to “Allow Project Team to see the nested private Projects in this Project” to allow team members to view any private Projects that are part of the Project.
- Click "Team" to see the team fields.
Add the appropriate Sponsors, Facilitators, Leaders, Participating Users, Participating Locations, and Followers.
- Add links or attachments.
- Click .