Who can edit a Task?
- The Author
- The Assigner
- The Responsible Person
- Any of the Collaborators
- Anyone with the “Edit - Tasks” permission for Tasks within that specified Network Location(s).
- Anyone with the “Assign - Tasks” permission for Tasks within that specified Network Location(s).
- If the Task is nested under a Project, the Project’s Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors.
- If the Task is nested under an Improvement, the Improvement’s Authors, Assigner, Responsible Person, and/or Collaborators.
- If the Task is nested under an Incident, the Incident’s Authors, Assigner, Responsible Person, and/or Collaborators.
- If the Task is nested under a Chart, the Chart’s Authors.
How do I edit a Task?
Open the Task you wish to edit, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the Task’s page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window, you can:
- Edit any Fields or Attributes that are a part of this Template.
- Add a Project, an Improvement, a Chart, or an Incident to the “Parent” field if you want to nest this Task beneath it.
- Remove a Project, an Improvement, a Chart, or an Incident from the “Parent” field if you want to unnest this Task.
- Check the box next to “Make Private” to make the Task private and restrict its visibility to only its Team Members and users with the “View Private - Tasks” permission for Tasks in this Network Location(s).
- Leave this box unchecked to allow anyone with the correct “View - Tasks” permission for Tasks in this Network Location(s) to view this Task.
NOTE: If you do not see this option, you do not have permission to make the Task private.
- When you are finished making your edits, click .
- If you wish to exit out of the edit window without saving any changes, click either “Cancel” in the bottom left corner or click the in the top right corner of the window.
- If there were any changes that were made to the Incident within the edit window, then after clicking either “Cancel” or the , you will be prompted with an additional window:
NOTE: This window will only appear if you have made any sort of edit(s) to Fields or Attributes on the Incident since you opened up the edit window. If no changes were made to the Incident, then if you were to close out of the edit window, you would not be prompted with this additional message.
- Click to exit the edit window without saving any of the changes you made to the Incident.
- Click to return to the edit window of the Incident to continue making changes if necessary.
Other Ways to edit a Task
You can also edit your Task by clicking the in the top right of the panel you are on. This will bring up a window where you can make edits to all of the fields contained within that panel on your Template. This is particularly useful if you are using Custom Layouts on your Templates.
If you wish to easily make changes to a specific field, you can do so with single field editing. Simply hover over where you can input information for the field. Clicking on the gray box that appears will result in a window where you can make edits to that specific field. This can be especially helpful if you are trying to update a specific Field rather than scrolling through a list of available fields on the Template.