The "Admin" area is only accessible by administrators; only User Administrators can perform the functions detailed on this support page.
How do I change a user's notification preferences?
Navigate to the "Users" admin page, then:
- Hover over the user so that it is highlighted blue.
- Click to its right.
- In the resulting window, edit the user's notification settings as detailed below.
Under the "Email Settings" tab:
- Control the days on which you want the user to receive their digest by checking the boxes next to those days under "Which days do you want to receive a digest." You must have at least one day selected.
- Control the days on which you want the user to receive their subscription email by checking the boxes next to those days under "Which days do you want to receive your subscriptions." You must have at least one day selected.
- Control at what time - and in which time zone - processing should begin on the user's digest and subscription emails under the "What time (and time zone) do you want to receive your Digest/Subscriptions." They will typically receive these emails within an hour of their processing start time.
Leave these fields blank to keep to your organization's default.
- User Administrators can toggle emails on and off for other users. If you turn off emails, all notification based emails will be discarded; account support and password reset emails will still be sent as usual.
To configure the user's opt-in notification settings, open the "Opt-In" tab.
There are a few ways you can go about customizing their preferences:
- Click to create a new notification preference.
- Click to clear the list of preferences. This is useful if you want to start from scratch.
- Click to return your list of preferences to the default as defined by your Roles' settings.
- Edit any preference by clicking next to it. You have the same options when editing a preference as when creating one, so the instructions below can be applied here as well.
- Delete an individual preference entirely by clicking .
In the "New Notification Preference" window:
You will first be prompted to choose a Workflow - Projects, Charts, Tasks, Improvements, or Incidents (if the Incident Add-On is enabled for your organization).
Once you've chosen a workflow, a new optional field will appear directly below the "Type" field. If you want the user to be notified about every item in this workflow that meets the rest of this preference, leave this field blank.
If you only want to be notified about items with certain templates, fill in this field.
Click the field to open a drop-down menu of all your organization's templates in that workflow. Select as many as you would like to have included in this notification preference.
You will then be prompted to choose a status. For example, you can choose to have them notified about Improvements that are new, overdue, become active, etc.
Check the box next to "Include Projects" to include items that are part of a Project. Uncheck this box to only include stand-alone items.
You will next be prompted to choose the Location parameters for this notification preference. Your options are:
- Anywhere - The user will be notified about items in every Location of the organization. This is best for Process Improvement or other leaders who need to hear about all Improvements made in the organization, not just ones in certain Locations.
- User’s Location & Below - The user will be notified about items in their Location(s), as well as the Locations under it in the Network. This is best for users who lead a department or division made up of several sub-levels, who need to be informed about all work done in each tier of their Location.
- User’s Location Only - Get notified only about work done in their Location(s). This is often used in cases where the user leads a group or team that has sub-levels in the Network, but you only want them to be notified about the work done at your their Location.
- Specific Location - You can choose to have the user be notified about any Location in which they do not reside. Enter the name of the Location and select either “This location & Below” or “This Location Only.” These settings follow the same rules as detailed above.
Next, you will be prompted to decide when you want them to be notified. NOTE: You will only be prompted for this information if you entered "new," "overdue," and "resolution submitted" statuses in the "Status" field.
- Immediately - They will be notified that day.
- Delayed - They will be notified after a set number of days. Once you choose "Delayed," a new "After __ day(s)" field will appear. Enter the number of days by which you want the notification to be delayed in that field.
- Check the box next to "Remind each week?" to have them be notified about this event every week until it is addressed. This helps keep information from falling through the cracks.
You'll then be prompted to decide how you want them to be notified. Your options are:
- Alert Only - An alert is added to the item, marking it for their attention. This alert will also be added to their notification window in KaiNexus.
- Alert + Email - An alert is added to the item and their notification window, and they will receive an email about it as well.
The last setting you might need to enter is the Advanced/Impact qualifications. NOTE: You'll only see this area if your notification preference is about completed Improvements.
Open the "Advanced" section at the bottom of the "New Notification Preference" window. Check the box next to every outcome of an Improvement about which you want the user to be notified.
- Impact Types - Choose which impact types you want them to be informed about. These are the types of change and Improvement might have resulted in.
- No Change Reasons - Choose which "No Change" reasons you want them to be informed about. These are the possible reasons for why an Improvement didn't result in a change.
- Third Option Reasons (this terminology will vary based on your organization's preferences) - Choose which "Third Option" reasons you want them to be informed about. These are the outcomes of Improvements that didn't result in a change but didn't quite result in a typical "No change" either. NOTE: If your organization doesn't have any "Third Option" reasons in place, you will not see this category.