If you need to create a Task similar to an existing one, you can quickly make a copy of that Task.
Who can copy a Task?
To copy a Task you must:
- Be able to access the Task.
- Have permission to create that kind of Task.
NOTE: If the Task is part of a Project, you must also be that Project's Facilitator, Sponsor, or Leader.
What happens when I copy a Task?
- The copy will be created in the “Draft” status.
- You will be made its Author.
- If the original Task was nested under a parent Project, Improvement, or Incident, the copy will be nested under that same parent.
The following information will be copied:
- Any fields and Attributes.
- The "private" status
Additionally, you can choose to convert the newly copied Item into an Item of a different Template Type. This will follow all of the rules of copying mentioned above and create the copied Item which will then give you the option to convert it to a new Template Type.
How do I Copy a Task?
Open the Task you wish to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window:
- Enter the name of the copy in the “Name” field.
- Check the box next to “I understand this cannot be undone.”
- Click to create a new copy of your Item.
- Click to create a new copy of your Item and then convert your newly copied Task into a different Template Type.
NOTE: See Convert a Task for additional information on the converting process.
PRO-TIP: You also have the option to configure your Templates to allow you to create a new copy of the Item you are currently working on as you are completing it.
Reach out to your Customer Experience Lead for additional information.