You can convert a Task to any other Task, Improvement, or Project type.
What happens when I convert a Task?
- The status will become “new.”
- The title and any comments, files, or links will be unchanged.
- Any dates that no longer apply due to that status will be removed.
- If you’re converting the Task into a Project type, you will be given the option of making the existing team Participants on the Project.
- You become the Author (if you’re converting it to an Improvement) or the Facilitator (if you’re converting it to a Project).
- If an Attribute exists on both the Task’s current type and the type to which you are converting it, that Attribute will be carried over. Otherwise, it will be lost.
How do I convert a Task?
Open the Task you want to convert, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Select the new type to which you would like to convert this Task. You can choose between any Improvement, Project, or Task type you have permission to create.
- If there are any fields on your Task and on the new type to which you’re converting it, you’ll be prompted to specify how you would like to map each field - the text entered in the existing type’s fields will be copied over into the new field when you complete the conversion.
If you map multiple fields to the same target field, all the information from each of those fields will be copied into the new field separated by a blank line.
- Click .