How do I open a link on a Task?
Open the Task, then find the link in the "Links" section.
- If the link is to a website:
- Click the link in the links section. The website will open in your default browser.
- If the link is to a document in a shared drive or on your computer:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Right click the link you want to open, then click “Link addon - reveal selected link.”
- Google Chrome
- Click the link you want to open.
- Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer’s “Internet Options” menu.
- Go to the “Security” tab.
- Uncheck “Enable Protected Mode.”
- Click “Sites.”
- Add your organization’s KaiNexus url (it’s something like myorg.kainexus.com) to the list of trusted sites and close this window.
- Click “Apply” to keep your changes.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Security” section and check “Allow active content to run in files on My Computer.”
- Restart your computer.
- Open KaiNexus and click the link you want to open.
Who can add or delete a link?
- The Author
- The Assigner
- The Responsible Person
- Any Collaborators
- Anyone who can assign or edit the Task's Improvement or Project.
How do I add a link to an existing Task?
Open the Task to which you want to add a link, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window:
- To add an external link, make sure the “Web Link” tab is selected. Then:
- Enter the title of your link in the “Name” field.
- Enter the URL in the “Address” field.
- To add an internal link to some item in KaiNexus, select the “Item” tab.
- Search for the item to which you want to add a link in the “Item” field. You can search by title or ID number.
- Click .
How do I delete a link?
- Click at the top of the Links section.
- Click next to the link you want to delete.
- In the resulting window, click .