How do I open a link?
- If the link is to a website:
- Click the link in the links section. The website will open in your default browser.
- If the link is to a document in a shared drive or on your computer:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Right click the link you want to open, then click “Link addon - reveal selected link.”
- Google Chrome
- Click the link you want to open.
- Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer’s “Internet Options” menu.
- Go to the “Security” tab.
- Uncheck “Enable Protected Mode.”
- Click “Sites.”
- Add your organization’s KaiNexus url (it’s something like myorg.kainexus.com) to the list of trusted sites and close this window.
- Click “Apply” to keep your changes.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Security” section and check “Allow active content to run in files on My Computer.”
- Restart your computer.
- Open KaiNexus and click the link you want to open.
Why would I want to attach a link to a Task?
- Link to a document in Google Drive so that members of your team can access and edit it in real time.
Pro Tip: This is a great way to store documents that are constantly updated. Rather than having to delete and reupload the document as an attachment each time it's updated, you can simply add a link to it so that people can check out the changes as they're made.
- Link to external resources in order to protect confidential information. Share links to large files rather than attaching and downloading them.
Pro Tip: This is a great way to share documents stored in a shared drive - anyone who has access will be able to copy the link and open the document, but people without the right permissions won't be able to access a confidential or private file.
- To get a link to a file, open your file explorer and locate the file.
- Right click on its name.
- Click "Properties."
- Open the "Security" tab.
- Highlight and copy the "Object name." This is the link to the file.
How do I add a link to an existing Task?
Open the Task to which you want to add a link. Then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- To add an external link, make sure the “Web Link” tab is selected. Then:
- Enter the title of your link in the “Name” field.
- Enter the URL in the “Address” field.
- To add an internal link to some item in KaiNexus, select the “Item” tab.
- Search for the item to which you want to add a link in the “Item” field. You can search by title or ID number.
- Click .
How do I delete a link?
- Click at the top of the Links section.
- Click next to the link you want to delete.
- Click .