You can create an automatically calculated data series on any Bar/Line Chart. The calculated series can be a:
- Percent Change
How do I add a calculated data series?
Navigate to the Chart with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window:
- Either add a series by clicking or edit an existing series by clicking its name.
- Configure the series as you normally would.
- Check the box next to "Calculated Series"
- Locate the "Operator" field under the "Calculated Series" section. In that field, choose which operator the calculated series should use. Depending on which you pick, various new fields will appear.
NOTE: Users with appropriate chart permissions can share Calculated Series from one chart to another and use that series in a Calculated Series.
If you chose:
- Sum: Enter each series you want to be added together in the “Series” field.
- Difference: Enter the series you want to subtract from in the “Series to subtract from” field and the series you want to be subtracted in the “Series to subtract” field.
- Average: Enter each series you want to be included in the average in the “Series” field.
- Percent: Enter the series you want as the numerator in the “Numerator Series” field and the series you want as the denominator in the “Denominator Series” field.
- Percent Change: Enter the baseline series in the “Baseline or Original (% change from)” field and the current series in the “Actual or Current” field.
- Multiply: Enter each series you want to be multiplied in the “Series” field.
- Divide: Enter the series you want as the numerator in the “Numerator Series” field and the series you want as the denominator in the “Denominator Series” field.
- Click .
Click to finalize your changes.
NOTE: The series’ column will be automatically filled in with the appropriate data values.