STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
Who can add an Incident to a Chart?
- Any of the Authors
- Anyone with the "Chart Administrator" permission
How do I add an Incident to a Chart?
Open the Chart to which you want to add an Incident, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- If you want to create a new Incident from scratch, click . If your organization has configured multiple types of Incidents, you'll be prompted to pick which template you want to use.
In the resulting window, create the new Incident as you normally would.
NOTE: The "Parent" field will automatically be filled in with the name of the Incident under which you're nesting this Chart. Don't alter this field unless you want the Incident nested somewhere else.
Click when you're finished creating the Incident.
- If you want to add an existing un-nested Incident, search for it by name or ID number in the "Choose Existing" drop-down menu. You can add as many Incidents as you like.
When you're finished, click .