Who can plan a Chart?
- Any of the Authors
- Anyone with the "Chart Administrator" permission
How do I plan a Chart?
When planning a Chart, you can choose whether to decide if it should start later on an unknown day, on a specific date, or you can now decide to have it be dependent on the completion of another item.
Open the Chart you want to plan, then:
- Click the status indicator.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window, you have the option of entering a reason for planning this Chart.
Then click either “Decide Later” (if you don’t want to enter the start date at this time. You can update the item with a start date later, or manually activate it when the time comes), “Specific Date” (if you already know when it should begin and who should be involved), or “Dependent On” (if you want this item to be activated automatically upon another item's start/completion).
- You won’t be prompted to enter any additional information.
- Click .
This item will either need to be edited to include a start date or will need to be manually activated at the right time.
- You must enter the start date.
- Click .
This item will automatically become active when the start date you entered comes around.
- If you want this item to activate based on the start date of another item, select “Start Of.”
If you want this item to activate based on the completion date of another item, select “Completion Of.”
- Select the item(s) on which this item should be dependent in the “Choose the item(s) this is dependent on…” field.
- If you want this item to activate a certain number of days before the start/completion date of the selected item, enter that number in the “# of Days” field and select “Before.”
If you want this item to activate a certain number of days after the start/completion date of the selected item, enter that number in the “# of Days” field and select “After.”
If you want this item to activate immediately upon the start/completion date of the selected item, just set the “# of Days” field to 0.
- To have the item’s due date be automatically calculated and set, enter the number of days it should take to be completed in the “Days to Complete” field.
- Click .
This item will automatically become active after every item you entered in the “Completion Of” field have been completed.
You can see a list of every item this Chart is waiting on, as well as a list of every item waiting on it, on this Chart’s main page.
NOTE: Reopening one of the items this Chart depends on after it has been activated will not revert this Chart into the Planned status.