If you're tracking KPIs or other data as part of an Incident, you might want to add charts to it.
Why would I want to add a chart to my Incident?
The charts feature is a great tool for keeping track of things you need to measure.
This is the type of information that you traditionally track in Excel, Word documents, posters on the wall, etc. By storing this information in KaiNexus, you keep your data in the same place as your Incident work. That way, everyone can see the progress that you’re making, and you have a single source of truth for verifying your impact.
Who can add a chart to an Incident?
- The Responsible Person
- The Author(s)
- The Assigner
- The Collaborator(s)
- Anyone with the "Edit" or "Assign" permissions for Incidents in that Location
NOTE: You cannot add a chart to an already completed Incident.
How do I add charts to an Incident?
Open the Incident to which you want to add a chart, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window, you can either create a new chart or associate an existing chart with this Incident.
To associate an existing chart with this Incident:
- Begin typing the name of the chart you want to add in the "Associate Existing" field.
- Click the name of the chart you want to add.
- Repeat until you've listed all the charts you want to add.
To create a new chart:
NOTE: If you create a new chart, you will be listed as its Author.
- Click .
- In the resulting window, customize your chart and add the appropriate data.
- When you're satisfied with your chart, click .