STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
The timeline is an audit trail keeping track of every significant event that happens to an Incident. It allows you to see who did what to an Incident and when they did it.
How do I access the timeline?
Open the Incident with which you want to work, then navigate to the timeline by scrolling down in in the main tab or by clicking on the "Timeline" tab.
What can I learn from the timeline?
- An entry will be marked with a blue dot - - if that entry was added since you last looked at this Incident. This helps you spot the recent updates quickly.
- If you want to see more entries, click "Show All" at the bottom of the timeline. To see only the recent entries, click "Show Less."
- When you see an underlined item on the timeline, hover over it to reveal more detailed information.
Who can delete an entry from the timeline?
To delete an entry from the timeline, a person must have permission to edit the item AND have the "Timeline Administrator" permission.
How do I delete a timeline entry?
If you delete a timeline entry, it will be removed from the timeline with no indication that it was ever there. This action cannot be undone.
To delete an entry, open the Incident with which you want to work, then:
- Hover over the timeline entry you want to delete so that it's highlighted blue.
- Click to the right of the entry.
- In the resulting window, click .