STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
If you're doing the same Incident in a bunch of different Locations or were just inspired to implement an Incident from another Location in your own, you can quickly copy it.
Who can copy an Incident?
To copy an Incident, you must:
- Be able to access the Incident.
- Have permission to create that kind of Incident.
NOTE: If the Incident is part of a Project, you must be a member of that Project’s team as well.
What happens when I copy an Incident?
- The copy will be created as a draft
- You will be made the Author.
The following information will be copied:
- The title
- The parent Project (if there is one)
- The information in any of its fields
- Any attachments
- Any links
- Any charts
- The “private” status. If the original Incident was private, the copy will be as well.
NOTE: You also have the option of copying all of its nested Tasks. The copies of the Tasks will all be in the "new" status, with the copier entered as their Author.
You can copy an Incident’s nested Tasks
When copying an Incident, you have the option of copying all of its nested Tasks as well. Copied Tasks will be moved into the new status with the copied entered as the Author.
How do I copy an Incident?
Open the Incident you want to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window
- Edit the name of the copy in the “Name” field as necessary.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Include Copies of Tasks” to copy all of its Tasks.
- Click .