STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
If you're doing the same Incident in a bunch of different Locations or were just inspired to implement an Incident from another Location in your own, you can quickly copy it.
Who can copy an Incident?
To copy an Incident, you must:
- Have permission to access the Incident
- Have permission to create an Incident of that template
NOTE: If the Incident is part of a Project, you must be a member of that Project’s team as well.
What happens when I copy an Incident?
- The Incident's copy will become a draft
- You will be made the Author.
The following information will be copied:
- The title
- The parent Project (if there is one)
- The information in any of its fields
- Any attachments
- Any links
- The “private” status. If the original Incident was private, the copy will be as well.
NOTE: You also have the option of copying all of its nested Tasks. The copies of the Tasks will all be in the "new" status, with the copier entered as their Author.
How do I copy an Incident?
Open the Incident you want to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window
- Edit the name of the new copy in the “Name” field as necessary.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Include Copies of Tasks” to copy all of its Tasks; check the box next to "Include Copies of Charts" to copy all of its Charts.
- Click .