STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
Who can resolve an Incident?
- The Responsible Person
- The Assigner
- Anyone with the “Assign” and/or “Edit” permissions for Incidents in that Location.
How do I resolve an Incident?
There are some different ways you can go about resolving an Incident
- Click in the action bar.
Or you can open the Resolution tab and:
- Click in the top right corner of the Resolution section or click .
Regardless of which method you use, the Resolution window will open. The text on this page may vary depending on your organization’s configuration.
On the Resolution screen:
- Fill in any required fields.
- Choose the applicable impact(s).
- You may be asked whether you want to review this Incident at a later date. Choose yes (and choose a review date) or no.
- Click “Details” to display all of the Incident’s fields and Attributes. You can edit any of that information.
- If you want to save your progress and finish the Resolution later, click .
- If the Assigner is required to review the Resolution, click . The Incident will then move into the “Resolution Submitted” status.
If you are the Assigner or the Assigner’s approval isn’t required, click . The Incident will then move into the “Complete” status.