STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
Who can add a comment to an Incident?
Any KaiNexus user who can access the Incident can comment on it to log updates and communicate with other users. Comments are noted in the digest email and as an alert in KaiNexus itself.
How do I comment on an Incident?
After you open the Incident on which you want to comment, there are three ways you can go about commenting.
- Click in the action bar.
By clicking this button, the cursor will automatically go to the comment entry field. This saves you the time of looking for the right field - you can just start typing.
- Add your comment directly in the Comments section by clicking on the Comments tab…
- Or by scrolling down in the All tab until you see the Comments section.
We’ve added markdown formatting to comments, so you can now fully customize your comments’ appearance.
When you’re done typing your comment:
- If you want the comment to be emailed to someone immediately, check the box next to “Email now” and enter their name in that field.
- Click to the right of the comment field to add the comment.
Who can edit or delete a comment?
- The author of the comment.
- Anyone who can edit the Incident based on their Roles or their relationship with the Incident.
How do I edit a comment?
- Find the comment you want to edit.
- Hover over it so that it is highlighted blue and click . This will open a new window in which you can edit the comment.
- When you’re done revising the comment:
- If you want the updated comment to be emailed to someone immediately, check the box next to “Email now” and enter their name in that field.
- Click .
How do I delete a comment?
- Find the comment you want to delete.
- Hover over it so that it is highlighted blue and click .
- In the resulting window, click .