STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
In KaiNexus, we have a feature that allows certain people associated with an Incident to escalate it. This can be used in a couple different scenarios:
- A way to notify people of a critical issue.
- A way to ask for help.
- A way to remind people of an Incident that is not being acted upon quickly enough.
Here are a few examples of when someone may want to escalate an Incident:
- You submitted an Incident and it was never assigned. Escalating the Improvement will remind the person responsible for assigning it to take action.
- You're responsible for assigning the Incident but aren't sure you're the right person to assign it. Escalating it will notify the people who assign your Incidents that you need help.
- You assigned an Incident but think it best to increase the visibility of the Incident within the organization.
You're required to enter a reason for the escalation, which gives you a chance to explain why you wanted your leaders' input or attention.
What happens when I escalate an Incident?
When escalating an Incident, the following things occur:
- The person or people who would normally be immediately notified when you submit an Incident will be notified. That includes:
- The person or people who are typically responsible for assigning Incidents that you submit will be notified of the escalation via a separate escalation email.
- Anyone who has an opt-in notification preference set to be informed about new Incidents in that Location will receive the notification via an alert or an email based on their notification preferences.
- An entry including the escalation reason is added to the Timeline.
Pro Tip: Who won't be notified?
- Anyone else who is a member of the Incident’s Team.
- Leaders above the people that are notified of the escalation - meaning, escalation triggers notifications only one level up. For it to go more than one level, leaders in the next level would need to escalate the Incident again themselves.
Who can escalate an Incident?
People who can edit or assign the Incident can escalate it. That includes the:
- Responsible Person
- Anyone with the appropriate permission to assign or edit Improvements Location.
How do I escalate an Incident?
To escalate an Incident:
- Click in the action bar.
- Click .
In the resulting window:
- Enter a reason for escalating the Incident.
- Click “Escalate.”
A message containing the list of people notified about the escalation will be displayed.