STOP: Is the Incident Module active for your organization?
Who can edit an Incident?
- The Assigner
- The Responsible Person
- The Author
- Any Collaborators
- Anyone with the “Edit - Incidents” permission for Incidents within that specified Network Location(s).
- Anyone with the “Assign - Incidents” permission for Incidents within that specified Network Location(s).
- If the Incident is nested under a Project, the Project’s Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors.
- If the Incident is nested under a Chart, the Chart’s Authors.
How do I edit an Incident?
Open the Incident you wish to edit, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the Incident’s page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window, you can:
- Edit any Fields or Attributes that are a part of this Template.
- Add a Project, a Chart, or an Incident to the “Parent” field if you want to nest this Incident beneath it.
- Remove a Project, a Chart, or an Incident from the “Parent” field if you want to unnest this Incident.
- If Resolution is enabled on this template and you have “Assign - Incidents” permission for this Incident, you will see the “Require Resolution Approval” checkbox. Checking this box means that when the Responsible Person submits their Resolution, the Incident will enter the “Resolution Submitted” status and will not be completed until the Assigner approves the Resolution.
- If this box is unchecked, the Incident will automatically be completed when the Responsible Person submits their Resolution.
- Check the box next to “Make Private” to make the Incident private and restrict its visibility to only its Team Members and users with the “View Private - Incidents” permission for Incidents in this Network Location(s).
- Leave this box unchecked to allow anyone with the correct “View - Incidents” permission for Incidents in this Network Location(s) to view this Incident.
NOTE: If you do not see this option, you do not have permission to make the Incident private.
- If you have the “Honor Roll - Incidents” permission for this Incident, you will see a near the bottom of this window. Click this icon to grant the Incident Honor Roll - the icon will turn yellow when Honor Roll has been granted.
- When you are finished making your edits, click .
Other Ways to edit an Incident
You can also edit your Incident by clicking the in the top right of the panel you are on. This will bring up a window where you can make edits to all of the fields contained within that panel on your Template. This is particularly useful if you are using Custom Layouts on your Templates.
If you wish to easily make changes to a specific field, you can do so with single field editing. Simply hover over where you can input information for the field. Clicking on the gray box that appears will result in a window where you can make edits to that specific field. This can be especially helpful if you are trying to update a specific Field rather than scrolling through a list of available fields on the Template.