STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
Who can edit an Incident?
- The Assigner
- The Responsible Person
- The Author
- Any Collaborators
- People with the "Edit" permission for Incidents in that Location
- People with the "Assign" permission for Incidents in that Location
- If the Incident is nested under a Project, the Project's Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors. If the Incident is nested under a Chart, the Chart's Authors.
How do I edit an Incident?
Open the Incident you want to edit, then:
Click in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
This will open the "Edit Incident" window. In this window:
- You can edit every aspect of the Incident (e.g. the title, descriptors, etc.).
- If you're on any active Projects' team, you'll see the "Add to project?" field which you can use to nest this Incident under one of those Projects.
- If you have the "Assign" permission for this Incident, you'll see the "Require Assigner to approve Resolution" checkbox. Checking this box means that when the Responsible Person submits their Resolution, the Incident will enter the "Resolution Submitted" status and will not be completed until the Assigner approves the Resolution.
If this box is unchecked, the Incident will be automatically completed when the Responsible Person submits their Resolution.
- If you have the "Honor Roll" permission for this Incident, you'll see an Honor Roll near the bottom of this window. Click this icon to grant the Incident the Honor Roll status.
When you’re finished making changes, click .