STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
How do I open a link?
- If the link is to a website, click the link in the links section. The website will open in your default browser.
- If the link it to a document in a shared drive or on your computer:
- Right click on the link.
- Click “Copy link location.”
- Open your file explorer
- Paste the link into the navigation bar at the top of the window.
- Hit “Return” or “Enter.” The document will then open.
Why would I want to attach a link to an Incident?
- Link to a document in Google Drive so that members of your team can access and edit it in real time.
Pro Tip: This is a great way to store documents that are constantly updated. Rather than having to delete and reupload the document as an attachment each time it's updated, you can simply add a link to it so that people can check out the changes as they're made.
- Link to external resources in order to protect confidential information. Share links to large files rather than attaching and downloading them.
Pro Tip: This is a great way to share documents stored in a shared drive - anyone who has access will be able to copy the link and open the document, but people without the right permissions won't be able to access a confidential or private file.
To get a link to a file, open your file explorer and locate the file.
- Right click on its name.
- Click "Properties."
- Open the "Security" tab.
- Highlight and copy the "Object name." This is the link to the file.
Any KaiNexus user on the Incident’s team can add a link.
Open the Incident to which you want to add a link. Then:
In the resulting window:
- Enter a description of the link.
- Enter the address of the linked item.