- We’ve added a search bar for Cards! It’s now a lot easier for you to search through items listed on a Card.
- Chart lists just got a bit more dynamic with the addition of thumbnail previews of each chart. Any new charts’ thumbnails will appear automatically, as will those of existing Bowling Charts. The thumbnails of all other types of existing charts will populate after they’ve been edited and saved once.
- Images and the image of charts can now be included in PDF exports. When exporting any item as a PDF, check the boxes next to “Images” and/or “Charts” to include any images or Charts nested under it, respectively.
- We’ve added a new type of user - Frontline Users. They can only see the specific Boards that have been made available to them, and although the left navigation bar has been removed, they can still search for any items they have permission to view. We just want to create an easier, more streamlined experience for certain users.
- We’ve introduced a new Wallboard Add-On. This module allows you to create “Board Users” - they can only access the specific Boards that have been made available to them and will not be able to make any changes to any item in the system or receive notifications. This is ideal for situations where you want to leave a computer or display signed into KaiNexus all day so that anyone can take a look at the system but without interacting with it under this account.
- We’ve added an API Add-On.
- It adds a new Role permission called “API Administrator” which grants the ability to create API keys and grant them any permissions via the new “API Keys” admin page.
- API Administrators can create various APIs associated with any Location(s) and Role(s). These associations determine what items are included when the API key is used to programmatically download a list.
- Your developers can obtain the ID(s) of any list on any Board by hovering over the title of the Card. Those lists can be downloaded programmatically as an Excel file using the API key.
Complete Release Notes
- Hovering over a Badge on the People page or on a user’s profile will now reveal the day on which the Badge was awarded.
- The Wallboard View is now called Slideshow.
- Clicking on the KaiNexus logo in the top left corner of the page or on “Board” in the left navigation bar will now return you to your default Board.
- You can now make past due dates on any item. An assigned item with a past due date will automatically become Overdue.
- “Start and End Dates Only” is now the default option on the Calendar.
- The “Location Cycle Time” Reports now include “Total Cycle Time” columns which display the average time an item takes to go from the New to Completed statuses. This includes the time it was in the Planned and/or Deferred statuses, but not the time it was in the Draft status.
We also added “In Progress Cycle Time” columns which display the average time an item takes to go from the New to Completed statuses, excluding the time it was in the Planned or Deferred statuses, but not the time it was in the Draft status.
- We’ve added the “Edit” icon to the current layout option when adjusting a Card to remind you that you can click that option again to configure the selected columns.
- We’ve made a ton of small changes to improve the User Interface.
- A bug was fixed which occasionally caused Roles not to populate when editing a user.
- When viewing a list of Improvements in the Detail View, clicking “Refresh” will no longer switch it into the Kanban View.
- A bug was fixed which caused console errors to occur when switching the layout of a PDF export from portrait to landscape.
- Exporting a Project with an Ad Hoc field will no longer shift data over by a column.
- A bug was fixed which prevented users from dragging images into a particular field without first saving the item.
- The contents of one AdHoc field will no longer run into the next column if it contains one long text string.
- A bug was fixed which caused newly added AdHoc rows to be misnumbered on the “Edit” screen.
- The “Planned” flag on Projects no longer contains an “Assign” link.
- A bug was fixed which prevented the “Minimum Height” settings on a custom layout template from affecting the nested item panels.
- A bug was fixed which prevented Incident Only users from submitting their drafts.
- A bug was fixed which caused scrollbars to disappear on some machines after clicking the filter buttons on the Gantt View.
- A bug was fixed which prevented the “Out of control” flag from being generated by an out of control chart.
- Long, continuous text strings will no longer cause the rest of the text in a field to overflow past the width of the “Details” panel.
- A bug was fixed which caused the bars on the Impact Summary to be misaligned with the corresponding labels in cases where there were only two bars.