This module allows you to create “Board” users that are essentially a way to support putting KaiNexus on a wall for all to view. This is ideal for situations where you want to leave one account signed into KaiNexus all day in a public location - such as displaying various Boards at a Kiosk - but don’t want people making updates and changes to the system.
You can think of a Board User as a “Read-Only” user.
With this module, “Board” is available as a new account status - like the Active, Setup, and Offline statuses you’re used to.
Reach out to your Customer Experience Lead to learn more about this module.
What are the features of a Board User?
NOTE: A Wallboard account can only be logged in once at a time. If you log into Wallboard account on a second device, the first device will be logged out.
- Their left navigation bar is removed, but they can still use the search bar to look for any items they have permission to access.
- They cannot access the user menu at the top right corner of the page - that means the Wallboard cannot be logged out of the system by a passerby.
- They cannot submit anything or make any changes to existing items, including liking, acknowledging, bookmarking, or commenting.
- They cannot be part of any item’s team, even as a Follower.
- Their “user profiles” have limited options - they can only be given a username, name, physical location, Network Location(s), and Role(s). They also can’t be awarded - manually or automatically - any Badges.
- They can’t have an email address, so they won’t get any email notifications. They also will not see any internal notifications or have an Updates & Notifications window.
- They can’t edit or alter Cards in any way apart from refreshing them.
- They cannot download any files or share any items.
- They cannot create or own Boards, and cannot edit or clone Cards.
- They cannot save custom lists.
- They can only be granted certain Roles - your Customer Experience Lead will work with you to get this set up the way you want.
- They can only access certain Boards - your Customer Experience Lead will work with you on this as well.
Note: Board Users are auto-activated.