STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
What are the Incident’s Locations?
It's often useful to identify where an Incident took place. To accomplish this in KaiNexus, you can assign a Location to an Incident. You can then filter a list of Incidents by Location to see which apply to a given department, system, workgroup, etc.
Locations identify either where an Incident was authored (Originating Location) or where the work was done to implement the Incident (Responsible Location).
Who can change an Incident’s Locations?
- The Assigner
- Anyone with the "Assign" permission for Incidents in that Location
- If the Incident is nested under a Project, the Project's Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors. If the Incident is nested under a Chart, the Chart's Authors.
How do I change an Incident’s Locations?
Open the Incident with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- (**Optional**) Enter the names of the Location(s) where the Incident was authored in the "Originating Location(s)" field.
- (**Optional**) Enter the names of the Location(s) where the Incident will be worked on and/or implemented in the "Responsible Location(s)" field.
- Click .