This module allows you to do all your Incident Reporting in KaiNexus.
The Incident module makes a few important changes to your system once enabled:
- An “Incidents” tab will be added to Projects and Charts. Similar to the Improvements tab, clicking there will open a list of all Incidents which are nested under this Project.
- An “Incidents” permission section will be added to the Role configuration screen.
- A new user status will be made available: Incident Only.
What is an Incident Only user?
Incident Only users can log into the system like an Active user, but they can only submit Incidents and see Incidents that they submitted or for which they are Followers:
- When they log in, they’re immediately taken to the Incidents page rather than a Board.
- They have no left navigation bar. That means that they cannot access the Improvements, Projects, Tasks, Charts, or Reports sections. They can only work with their Incidents.
- They can only be a part of the Incident’s team as the Author or as a Follower.
- They can only edit comments, files, and links on an Incident.
What’s new with Incidents?
In many ways, Incidents are just like Improvements. They have the same statuses and the same tabs. You can export them either as a PDF or as an Excel spreadsheet, transfer them to a new Location, notify people of them, copy them, and even convert them. You can filter and export a list of Incidents or look at your list in the List View or Kanban View.
So what’s different?
- Incidents’ Resolutions do not have “no change” options.
- The Team is comprised of the Responsible Person, the Assigner, any Followers, and the Author.