If you’ve been looking for a way to support Incident Reporting in KaiNexus, you’re about to get excited! With version 2.1.3, we introduced Incidents. With Incidents, we also added a new Date & Time field. To take advantage of this Add-On, reach out to your customer experience lead.
Once Incidents are turned on, there will be some changes to your system:
- An “Incidents” tab will be added to Projects and Charts. As with the Improvements tab, clicking there will open a list of all Incidents which are nested under this Project.
- An “Incidents” permission section will be added to the Role configuration screen.
- A new user status will be made available: Incident Only.
What is an Incident Only user?
Incident Only users can log into the system like an Active user, but they can only submit Incidents and see Incidents that they submitted or for which they are Followers:
- When they log in, they’re immediately taken to the Incidents page rather than a Board.
- They have no left navigation bar. That means that they cannot access the Improvements, Projects, Tasks, Charts, or Reports sections. They can only work with their Incidents.
- They can only be a part of the Incident’s team as the Author or as a Follower.
- They can only edit comments, files, and links on an Incident.
What’s new with Incidents?
In many ways, Incidents are just like Improvements. They have the same statuses and the same tabs. You can export them either as a PDF or as an Excel spreadsheet, transfer them to a new Location, notify people of them, copy them, and even convert them. You can filter and export a list of Incidents or look at your list in the List View or Kanban View.
So what’s different?
- Incidents’ Resolutions do not have “no change” options.
- The Team is comprised of the Responsible Person, the Assigner, any Followers, and the Author.
What’s the date & time field?
The date & time field is a handy way of recording exactly when an Incident took place.
The field on the left is a date field. You can type the date manually or the calendar icon to select the date from a calendar.
The field on the right is a time field. You can type in the exact time or select a time in 30 minute increments from the drop-down menu.