How do I assign an Incident to someone?
Open the Incident you want to assign, then:
- Click the status indicator.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window, you can configure the:
- Enter the name of the person who should take responsibility for the Incident in the "Responsible" field.
- Enter the date by which the Resolution should be submitted in the "Due Date" field.
- (**Optional**) Enter a comment.
- While you will be the default Assigner, you can select a new user to fill this role.
- Checking the box next to "Require Assigner to approve Resolution" will require that any Resolution submitted by the Responsible Person be approved by the Assigner before its status is changed to complete.
If you do not see this checkbox, your organization has decided whether the Assigner's approval is required for you.
- Enter the names of any Collaborators or Followers in the "Collaborators" or "Followers" fields, respectively.
Under the "Advanced" section:
- Any optional fields and Attributes included on this template by your organization will be displayed. Add any relevant information.