If you're tracking KPIs or other data as part of a Project, you might want to add Charts to it.
Why would I want to add a Chart to my Project?
The Charts feature is a great tool for keeping track of things you need to measure.
This is the type of information that you traditionally track in Excel, Word documents, posters on the wall, etc. By storing this information in KaiNexus, you keep your data in the same place as your improvement work. That way, everyone can see the progress that you’re making, and you have a single source of truth for verifying your impact.
For example, you might want to use a KaiNexus Chart if:
- Your Project is about reducing the amount of supplies used in your department. You can use the Chart to keep track of what you’re using so that, when it comes time to log your resolution, you’ll know for sure what your impact was.
- Your Project is about increasing your number of customers. You can set up a Chart to record and analyze the number of customers you're bringing in.
Who can add a Chart to a Project?
How do I add Charts to a Project?
Open the Project to which you want to add a Chart, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- If you want to create a new Chart from scratch, click . If your organization has configured multiple types of Charts, you'll be prompted to pick which template you want to use.
In the resulting window, create the new Chart as you normally would.
NOTE: The "Parent" field will automatically be filled in with the name of the Chart under which you're nesting this Chart. Don't alter this field unless you want the Chart nested somewhere else.
Click when you're finished creating the Chart.
- If you want to add an existing un-nested Chart, search for it by name or ID number in the "Choose Existing" drop-down menu. You can add as many Charts as you like.
When you're finished, click.