With the appropriate permission, you can convert a Project to any other type of Project, Improvement, Task, or Incident (if the Incident module is enabled for your organization).
Who can convert a Project?
- Anyone with the "Edit" permission for Projects in the relevant Location(s)
What happens when I convert a Project?
- The status will be changed to New
- Any dates that no longer apply will be removed
- Any Resolution details will be lost
- If the new workflow does not support the nested items, they will be un-nested
- If an Attribute Type is present on both templates, the Attribute Value(s) will carry over
How do I convert a Project?
Open the Project you want to convert, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Select the template to which you want to convert this Project from the "Convert To" dropdown.
NOTE: You can only select a template with which you have permission to create new items
- Under the "Map Fields" heading, you'll see a list of each of the fields included on the Project's current template.
Alongside each field's name is a drop-down menu containing a list of each of the fields included on the new template you selected. Pick the new field to which you want to map the information included in each of those existing field.
If you map multiple fields to the same target field, all the information from each of those fields will be copied into the new field separated by a blank line.
- Click .