If you're tracking KPIs or other data as part of an Improvement, you might want to add charts to it.
Why would I want to add a chart to my Improvement?
The charts feature is a great tool for keeping track of things you need to measure.
This is the type of information that you traditionally track in Excel, Word documents, posters on the wall, etc. By storing this information in KaiNexus, you keep your data in the same place as your improvement work. That way, everyone can see the progress that you’re making, and you have a single source of truth for verifying your impact.
For example, you might want to use a KaiNexus chart if:
- Your Improvement is about reducing the amount of supplies used in your department. You can use the Chart to keep track of what you’re using so that, when it comes time to log your resolution, you’ll know for sure what your impact was.
- Your Improvement is about increasing your number of customers. You can set up a chart to record and analyze the number of customers you're bringing in.
Who can add a chart to an Improvement?
- The Responsible Person
- The Author(s)
- The Assigner
- The Collaborator(s)
- Anyone with the "Edit" or "Assign" permissions for Improvements in that Location
NOTE: You cannot add a chart to an already completed Improvement.
How do I add charts to an Improvement?
Open the Improvement to which you want to add a chart, then:
- Click in the action bar.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window, you can either create a new chart or associate an existing chart with this Improvement.
To associate an existing chart with this Improvement:
- Begin typing the name of the chart you want to add in the "Associate Existing" field.
- Click the name of the chart you want to add.
- Repeat until you've listed all the charts you want to add.
To create a new chart:
NOTE: If you create a new chart, you will be listed as its Owner.
- Click .
- In the resulting window, customize your chart and add the appropriate data.
- When you're satisfied with your chart, click .