If an Improvement needs to be broken up into smaller chunks, you can add Tasks to it. Each Task can be assigned to whoever is right for the job, and you'll be able to monitor the progress of each piece of the Improvement separately instead of trying to keep track of it all at once.
Who can add Tasks to an Improvement?
- The Responsible Person
- The Author(s)
- The Assigner
- Any Collaborators
- Anyone with the "Edit" or "Assign" permissions for Improvements in that Location
- If the Improvement is nested under a Project, the Project's Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors; if the Improvement is nested under a Chart, the Chart's Authors
How do I add Tasks to an Improvement?
Open the Improvement to which you want to add a Task, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu
In the resulting window:
- If you want to create a new Task from scratch, click . If your organization has configured multiple types of Tasks, you'll be prompted to pick which template you want to use.
In the resulting window, create the new Task as you normally would.
NOTE: The "Parent" field will automatically be filled in with the name of the item under which you're nesting this Project.
- If you want to add an existing stand-alone Task, search for it by name or ID number in the "Choose Existing" drop-down menu. You can add as many Tasks as you like. Then click