If a Task has been planned or deferred and you want to move it into the "active" status before (or without) a scheduled start date, you can activate it. To do so, you must have permission to assign the Task.
How do I activate a planned or deferred Task?
- Click in the action bar.
In the resulting window:
- Click in the "Assign To" field and begin typing the name of the user to whom you want to assign this Task. A drop-down menu will appear from which you can select the user.
If you don't have permission to assign the Task to that user, you will only be able to request their assistance.
- Select a start date and a due date.
- (**Optional**) Leave a comment to the assignee.
- Change the Assigned By if, for example, you're assigning the Task on a leader's behalf.
- Add any Collaborators in the "Collaborator(s)" field.
- Add any Followers in the "Follower(s)" field.
- Click .