A Kanban board is a visualization tool that helps people understand the flow of their improvement work. KaiNexus provides a Kanban View so that you can quickly check in on your Improvements’ progress.
How do I access the Kanban View?
First, navigate to the "Improvements" section using the left navigation bar.
If this section is currently in the Detail View:
- Click next to the Improvement search bar.
- Click .
If this section is currently in the List View:
- Click in the action bar to the right of the Improvement search bar.
Navigating the Kanban View
The list of Improvements is divided by status. Basic information about each item is listed here, including the title, status, key dates, and key people.
The draft and deferred statuses are excluded from this View by default, but you can add them (or remove any of the other columns) by clicking in the top right corner of the Kanban screen and checking or unchecking the box next to each status.
- Improvement pages - By clicking any of the listed Improvements, you can open its individual page. This page contains all of that Improvement’s information.
- The quick filter - The quick filter is the blue bar in the top left corner that, by default, reads “My Improvements - All.” Click this bar to open a drop-down menu of various common filters, divided into 4 categories: My Improvement (those Improvements for which you are on the team), My Organization (all Improvements in your organization which you have permission to access), My Location (all Improvements affiliated with your Location(s) which you have permission to access), and My Lists (any custom filters you have created and saved).
Hovering over any of those options will open a secondary drop-down menu, which you can use to further filter by:
- Your relationship to the Improvement
- Whether the Improvement has been flagged for your attention
- Advanced filters - Click to the right of the Improvement search bar to further filter the list of Improvements.
- Switch to the Detail View by clicking to the right of the Improvement search bar.
- Switch to the List View by clicking to the right of the Improvement search bar.
- Impact - Click to the right of the Improvement search bar to view the total impact of the current list of Improvements.