Only the people participating in a private Project or those people with the “Project Administrator” permission are able to see a private Project.
NOTE: Your Project may be nested under a parent Project that is configured to allow people on its team to see all its nested private Projects, regardless of their affiliation with those Projects or their permissions.
People without the necessary permissions will be unable to:
- See the Project’s information on any lists
- Open it
- Access its links or attachments
This keeps any privileged information from becoming general knowledge, while still allowing it to be entered into KaiNexus.
A private Project’s impact data are still recorded in the organization’s metrics, but uninvolved people will not be able to access the Project from any Reports.
The Project will also be counted towards the total number of Projects in its parent Project - if there is one - and in the organization as a whole, but, again, it cannot be seen or accessed by people without the right permissions through any lists.
NOTE: Because private Projects are, well, private, neither your organization’s administrators nor KaiNexus Support will be able to help you with them unless they are added to the Project’s team or have the “Project Administrator” permission.
Who can make a Project private?
- The Project's Facilitators
- Anyone with the "Project Administrator" permission
- Check the box next to "Make Private?" to make this Project private. If you don't see this option, you don't have permission to make this Project private.
- Check the box next to “Allow Project Team to see any nested private Improvements in this Project” to enable this Project’s team to access any nested private Improvement, regardless of their viewing permissions.
- Check the box next to “Allow Project Team to see any nested private Projects in this Project” to enable this Project’s team to access any nested private Project, regardless of their viewing permissions.
- If you're editing an existing Project, click .
If you're creating a new Project, click .