Boards & Cards
- Users > User Management
- Users > Titles
- Users > Positions
- Users > Employment Statuses
- Users > Certifications
- System > General
- System > Timeline
- System > Login Notices
- System > Tooltip Customization
- System > API Keys
- Organization > Network
- Organization > Level Types
- Organization > Roles
- Organization > Goals
- Organization > Time Savings People
- Organization > Standard Work
- Organization > Weighted Scores
- Organization > Workflows
- Organization > Templates
- Organization > Fields
- Organization > Attributes
- Organization > Multi Chart Importer
The KaiNexus Mobile App
Common errors with shared data series
Have you gotten an error while working with a shared data series? Learn what it means and how to fix it.
REQUIRED: The Chart Module is required to perform the functions on this support page. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to enable Charts for your organization.
Row Type error messages
Every Chart in KaiNexus is configured with a Row Type — either dates or categories. When sharing a data series with another Chart, the Row Type of the series (and therefore of the original Chart) must match the Row Type of the new Chart. If these two Row Types don't match, one of the following errors will appear.
Mismatched Series Error
If you attempt to share a series that uses the wrong Row Type, you'll get a Mismatched Series Error. If you still want to share the series with the new Chart, you'll either need to:
- Change the new Chart's Row Type to match the original Chart, or
- Change the original Chart's Row Type to match the new Chart.
Row Type Error
If you attempt to change the Row Type of a Chart that already has a shared series on it, you may get a Row Type Error. If you still want to share the series with the new Chart, you'll need to:
- Remove the shared series from the new Chart.
- Change the Row Type on the new Chart as desired.
- Change the Row Type on the original Chart to match that of the new Chart.
- Reshare the series with the new Chart.
Circular Reference Error
A circular reference is created when one data series has already been shared from Chart A to Chart B, and you try to share a second series from Chart B to Chart A. When you attempt to save a Chart with a circular reference, you'll get a Circular Reference Error as the two Charts get stuck in an endless loop of referring to one another.
Due to the continuous self-referencing and potential for data loss, KaiNexus does not support the configuration for circular references within Charts. To fix this error, you'll need to remove one of those shared series.