October 14, 2022
Halloween is fast approaching, and with it comes a brand new release full of all treats and no tricks! We don't know what witches brew our Development Team found this month, but clearly, some hocus pocus has influenced this hauntingly magical release. Here are some highlights—we know you'll be spellbound!
- Now presenting the best present of this release—the ability to "Present" a Board! The Board Action Menu now has a "Present" option, which allows you to present directly from KaiNexus by going into fullscreen mode and cycling through pre-selected Cards. This makes it easy to run presentations and meetings directly out of KaiNexus without having to spend time making slide decks—and without a magic wand.
- Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you! Your five most recently viewed Boards will haunt the Search Bar like helpful ghosts. The Recently Viewed Items list that appears when you click on the Search box now also includes the five most recently viewed Boards.
- This improvement certainly isn't a bore… we've improved Snoozing! You can now snooze Items directly from the Notifications window, elect to snooze Items forever (effectively disabling Notifications for that Item forever), and snooze Child notifications at the Parent level. (If only it was that easy with our real-life children!)
- The Recently Viewed Items list that appears when you click on the Search box now also includes the five most recently viewed Boards.
- The "Share" option in the Boards Action Menu is now called "Board Link" to reduce confusion around whether this feature gives people access to the Board (it doesn't!).
- The Board Action Menu now has a "Present" option, which allows you to present directly from KaiNexus by going into fullscreen mode and cycling through pre-selected cards.
- Card Titles are now displayed in expanded view. Previously, the Card Titles didn't show up when in expanded view.
- Widget and Nested Board List Cards can now be expanded. Clicking links in the Nested Board List Card will open them in a new tab.
- Navigate through a stack of Cards while in expanded view by clicking the Next and Previous icons. Previously, these were not available on expanded view.
- When a Report Card is expanded or shown in Present mode, a subset of the Report Quick Filters can be minimized to visualize the Reports better. These will be minimized by default.
- Previously, expanding a Chart Card would open up that Chart's Item Work Panel. Now, it will open a simplified view of the Chart, and you can navigate to the Work Panel via the new "View Item" button in the top left corner.
- The date format in Gantt view now matches the organization's date format.
- We've added the Quick User Search functionality to the User Filter on both Item and Quick Search filters.
- We've added tooltips for all of the options in the "View Options" and "Impact & Nested Item Options" in the Item Filter to make it easier for people to figure out what's going on.
- In certain scenarios, clicking the x on a Quick Filter of a List would clear ALL of the Quick Filters. Now, only the one being cleared will be removed.
- We updated our icon library, giving people more Template, Attribute, and Location icons to choose from along with making some small visual updates to some of the existing icons.
- We've improved Snoozing! You can now snooze Items directly from the Notifications window, elect to snooze Items forever (effectively disabling Notifications for that Item forever), and snooze Child notifications at the Parent level. Sweet dreams!
- It is now possible to enable or disable the Originating Location field on Items with any Team Type.
- If a User belongs to multiple Locations, you can now require them to select a Responsible and/or Originating Location when they submit Items. You can also make Originating and Responsible Locations single-select.
- We unified the order and labels of the options in the Status Picker dropdown for all Team Types and configurations.
- You can now remove the option to Save as Draft when submitting an Item via Kiosk.
- The Parent dropdown can now be displayed on the Create screen in Kiosk.
- Overdue Milestones will now turn red in the Milestones column on an Item List.
- When PDFing something from KaiNexus, you now see a print icon in the top right corner, which initiates the Print screen.
- You can now choose whether to collapse or expand some of the Report filters in the Report section and on Report Cards.
- We improved clarity in the Participate Permission tooltip by specifying that these Users can also create Items.
- KaiNexus Admins can now find a URL and QR code for each Template's Create screen in the new Templates section in the Admin area. This can be used to directly link Users to the create screen for different Templates.
- It is now possible to remove the "Save as Draft" button on the Create screen. The auto-save functionality will still work for those Templates, but people won't be able to manually save Items in Draft status.
- Templates can now be configured to allow for drag-and-drop sorting of nested Item Lists.
- You may notice slight design changes throughout the app. These were implemented to improve consistency and reduce confusion around how some features work.
- KaiNexus Admins are now able to hide unused additional fields on User Profiles, so they don't unnecessarily clutter up the profiles. User Attributes will only appear if the organization is using them; they'll automatically be hidden until one or more values have been defined within them in the Admin section.
- When hovering over a specific Workflow under the Workflow filter dropdown, the system will now show which Templates are available within that Workflow.
- Lists will no longer collapse or scroll to the top when you add or open an Item in Gantt view.
- The LastPass icon no longer appears in irrelevant fields.
- Chart card legends, Gantts, and Milestones Panels now export properly to PDF.
- We fixed an issue related to excluding private Items when printing to PDF.
- Non-dismissable flags for Snooze and Remind no longer disappear when refreshing your browser.
- We solved a problem with image thumbnails occasionally not rendering properly in PDF.
- We fixed issues with cursor displacement when using the Search field related to recently viewed items, as well as the backspace button when in an HTML editor field.
- The Quick Create button was occasionally unexpectedly hidden. We fixed that.
- The Quick Filter list will no longer stay open after closing the Item List Card.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes settings on shared lists would not save.
- The "Location search" and "User Search" icons will now open a window when you click on them.
- Fixed an issue where Originating or Responsible Locations sometimes don't render properly in Excel exports.
- Importing overdue Items will no longer cause a blank status indicator.
- Using an uncommon Unicode character in a text field will no longer cause the Digest to fail.
- We squashed a bug relating to Dates and Team Types on specific Items.
- Maxing out the Card limit on a Board will no longer prevent the Board from appearing as an option in the HTML editor Board Link functionality.
- You can now filter Templates by Groups even if the Group column is hidden.
- We fixed an issue with Quick Create items sporadically appearing in the wrong place.
- Bulk Complete wasn't working in some instances, and we fixed it.
- Sorting by the "Last Updated Date & Time" column no longer makes some Items disappear.
- We fixed an icon on the Template edit screen.