We’ve found that even a simple reward - like an automated award - can inspire people and keep them engaged with their improvement work. After all, recognition of someone’s accomplishments goes a long way!
Badges are emblems that can be customized to meet the exact needs of your organization. Whenever a person meets the requirements of a Badge, it will be added to their profile to show everyone just how awesome and engaged they are.
Reach out to your Customer Experience lead to take advantage of this feature!
How can I see who has been awarded a Badge?
You can see all the Badges a person has been awarded by opening their user profile. Their Badges will be displayed underneath their profile picture.
If you want to see all the Badges of more than one person simultaneously, check out the People section. We’ve added a new “Badges” column that displays everyone’s Badges.
Regardless of where you’re looking, you can hover over any Badge’s icon to see its title (and description, if there is one).
How can I customize our Badges?
You can a ton of freedom when it comes to creating your Badges. You can:
- Specify its name and add a description. This information will be shown whenever anyone hovers over the Badge’s icon.
- Upload an icon to represent the Badge. This icon will be displayed on the profile pages of anyone awarded the Badge.
- Pick a reason for the Badge to be awarded. Choose between:
- A user filling a certain role (or roles) on any Project or Improvement.
- A user filling a certain role (or roles) on any Project.
- A user filling a certain role (or roles) on any Improvement.
- A user filling a certain role (or roles) on a specific type of Project or Improvement.
- If none of these reasons perfectly suit your needs, you can make this a manually-awarded Badge instead. People with a Role containing the new Global Badge Administrator will be able to manually grant the Badge to whomever they’d like, for any reason by editing that person’s profile.
- Pick how many times the triggering event must have happened in a certain number of days. For example, you can say that a person must have authored 10 Improvements in 60 days, or that they must have been responsible for 50 Improvements total.
- Pick which other Badges this Badge should supersede or replace. For example, if the Badge you're customizing is granted for submitting 100 Improvements, it would supersede a Badge granted for submitting 50 Improvements.
- You can prevent Badges from getting awarded retroactively by adding a “Starting on” date. People will only be awarded a Badge if they meet its requirements starting on this date.
- If you only want the Badge to be awarded for a limited time, we can add a “Deactivate on” date. If someone meets the requirements of the Badge after that date, they will not receive the Badge.
- You can also set a Badge to be awarded after an Improvement is completed in general or completed resulting a change specifically.
- Customize the text of the email sent to users when they are granted the Badge or when they lose their Badge.
I’m a Global Badge Administrator: How do I grant someone a Badge?
NOTE: To grant a Badge, you must be both a Global Badge Administrator and a Global or Local User Administrator - you need to be able to edit a person’s profile to be able to grant them a Badge.
To grant someone a Badge:
- Go to either the People section of the list of users in the admin section.
- Find that person’s name on the list of users and hover over it.
- Click to the right of their information.
- In the “Badges” field, select any Badges you want to grant to this person.
- Click .