When might I use a Free Style Card?
We noticed that many of our customers would have announcements or images on their huddle or improvement boards. We wanted to give you the option of doing exactly that on your Boards in KaiNexus.
Some examples might be:
- Call attention to people doing great improvement work and point out some of the awesome Improvements in the system. You can even add links to the Card to take people straight to that Improvement for a closer look.
- If you’re hosting any challenges or contests to do with your organization’s Lean efforts, you can post an announcement to a popular Board.
- Post a schedule of any upcoming classes or seminars so that people can check on it whenever they want.
- Put an image of your company’s True North or Strategic Pillars.
How do I add a Free Style Card?
To add a Free Style Cards:
- Open the Board to which you want to add a Card.
- Click - NOTE: You must have permission to edit the Board to see this option.
- Click .
In the resulting window:
- Give your Card a title.
- Enter the text of the notice in the “Free Style” field.
- You can even add an image. To do so:
- Click to edit the source code.
- In the text box, type the following:
<img height="_1_" src="_2_" />
- Replace _1_ with the height you want the image to be. In the example at the top of this page, the height was set to 300.
- Replace _2_ with the URL of the image.
NOTE: The URL must be linkable via a hosted link and must be in the https format - i.e. it can't be hosted within an internal system. You can only use an image that anyone can access online by following the link you're using.
- Once you’ve added the image(s), click again.
You should be able to see the image displayed in the text box. If not, your URL was not valid.
- Continue editing the Card as usual.
- Click .