What can be converted?
You can convert an Improvement to another Improvement type or to a Project type.
What happens when I convert an Improvement?
- The status will become “new.”
- The title, comments, files, links, Tasks, and charts will all be unchanged.
- You can specify which information is copied into which fields - see below for more information.
- Any dates that no longer apply will be removed.
- If an Attribute exists on both the original and the new type, it will be carried over. Otherwise, it will be discarded.
- You will be given the option of making the team Collaborators.
- If the item you’re converting is an Improvement, any Resolution details will be lost.
- You become the Author (if you’re converting it to an Improvement) or the Facilitator (if you’re converting it to a Project).
How do I convert an Improvement?
- Navigate to the Improvement you want to convert.
- Click in the action bar.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Select the new type to which you would like to convert this Improvement. You can choose between any Project or Improvement type with which you could create a new Project or Improvement.
- Specify how you would like to map each field - the text entered in the existing type’s fields will be copied over into the new field when you complete the conversion.
If you map multiple fields to the same target field, all the information from each of those fields will be copied into the new field separated by a blank line.