Anywhere you can see a list of Improvements, you have the ability to filter it. That includes Improvements returned by quick filters in the Improvements section, or Improvements returned by a Card.
To filter the Improvements returned by a quick filter:
- Click next to the Improvement search bar.
- Click to open the Filter Results window.
To filter the Improvements returned by a Card:
- Click on the Card.
- Click .
You can filter by:
- Type(s): Select which type(s) of Improvement you’d like to see.
- User(s): Select each user for whom you’d like to see associated Improvements.
- Role(s): This option appears if you have filtered by user(s). Select the role(s) you would like to be filled by the selected users. You may choose any combination of Author, Responsible, Assigner, Collaborator, or Follower.
- Level Types: Select the Level Types you’d like to see included in the results.
- Locations: Select the Network Locations you’d like to see included in the results, then specify whether you’d like that to be the originating location (the location of the Author), the responsible location (the location of the Responsible Person), or both.
- Status(es): Select the status(es) of the Improvements to be displayed. You may choose between Draft, New, Planned, Active, Resolution Submitted, Complete, Deferred, or any combination of the seven.
- Additional: Select any additional qualifiers; you may choose between Flagged, Honor Roll, Scheduled for Review, Private, Reopened, Liked by Me, or any combination of the six.
- Projects: Select the Projects whose Improvements you would like to see.
If you want to see all Improvements that are part of a Project, select "Any."
If you don't want to see any Improvements that are part of a Project, select "None."
- Project Type(s): Select under which types of Projects the returned Improvements should be nested.
- Open the Attributes section to filter by any of your organization’s Attributes.
- Open the Resolution section to filter by:
- Outcome: Choose whether to see Improvements resulting in a Change or No Change.
- Reason: Select the No Change reason(s) for which you’d like to see a list of Improvements.
- Impact: Select the Impact types for which you’d like to see a list of Improvements.
- Currency: If your organization has multiple currencies enabled, filter by which currencies should be included.
- Open the Specialized section to filter by:
- Keyword: Enter a keyword that you’d like to have included in each Improvement.
- Activity: Enter the activity type(s) you want to include. Choose between transferred, escalated, and due date changed. This will cause two additional optional filters to appear:
- Activity Occurrence Count: Enter the number of times you want the specified activity type(s) to have occurred within the set time frame.
- Activity Time Frame: Enter the time frame in you which want the specified activity type(s) to have occurred. Leave this field blank to return Improvements that have ever had this activity type take place.
- Bottleneck: A bottleneck is a constraint on workflow that reduces the efficiency and capacity of that workflow. It’s important that you’re able to find these bottlenecks so that you can work to improve the process.
The common bottlenecks in KaiNexus are when an item is new and hasn’t been assigned, when it is overdue and hasn’t been resolved, when it hasn’t been updated, and when a Resolution has been submitted but not approved.
Pick any combination of bottlenecks and a new field will appear in which you can enter the date range. For example, if you only want to see items that have not been updated in more than a week, you would pick “More than 7 days.”
- Milestone: Milestones are a configurable workflow that has been overlayed on top of Improvements and Projects. NOTE: This field will not be visible if your organization has no milestones.
Pick any combination of milestones and a new field will appear in which you can specify which status those milestones should be in. Your options are "Not Ready for Approval," "Ready for Approval," and "Approved."
- Open the Dates section to filter by: Filter Improvements by their Authored Date, Activate Date, Assigned Date, Due Date, Resolution Date, Complete Date, Review Date, and/or Last Updated Date. You can use a custom date range (such as “from January 1 - February 1”) or a relative date (such as “from the past 7 days”).
Relative dates (e.g. last 7 days, last 3 months, etc.) are great if you’re going to save your list or Card for future use because they let your list stay up to date. You can still set custom date ranges if that better suits your circumstances.
To pick a date range, click in the field you want to edit; this will open the drop-down menu listing your options.
You can set a relative date for any “Starting” date but can only set a relative date for the activate, due, and review “Ending” dates.
To fill in the other “Ending” dates, click in that field. This will open a calendar from which you can select the appropriate date.
- Open the Logic section to control the logic between and within the various filters:
For example, you can decide that between fields, filters should operate with “And” logic. So, for instance, you might say you want to only see a list of Improvements of a certain type AND a certain status.
Or, you can decide that within fields, filters should operate with “Or” logic. For example, you might want to only see a list of Projects of the Active OR Overdue statuses.
- You can sort by ID, title, status, priority, Responsible, authored date, due date, complete date, or last updated date, in ascending or descending order.
When working with a list returned by a quick filter, you have 3 options for what you want to do with your results:
- Click “Save and Apply” and you’ll get to see that list.
- Save and Apply while adding it to a board
- Check “Add to Board.”
- Name your Card anything you want.
- Pick which Board onto which you want to place this list.
- Click “Save & Apply.”
- Check “Add to Board.”
- Save and Apply while creating a new list:
- Check “Create New List.”
- Name your list anything you want. This list can now be selected when filtering your Tasks.
- Click “Save & Apply.”