You can now make a copy of a Project. This is perfect for when you are doing the same Project in a bunch of different locations. Our customers doing Strategy deployment will love this!
Who can copy a Project?
To copy a Project, you must:
- Be able to access/see the Project.
- Have permission to create that type of Project.
If the Project is part of another Project, you must be a member of that parent Project.
What happens when I clone a Project?
- The Project copy will be given the “New” status.
- You will be made a Facilitator.
- The Title will be “Copy of ____.”
The following information will be copied:
- Parent Project
- Whether the Project is Private or not
You can copy a Project’s nested Projects, Improvements, or Tasks
When copying a Project, you have the option of copying all of its nested Tasks, Projects, and Improvements as well.
NOTE: Only Improvements and Projects nested directly under this Project will be copied. That is, an Improvement nested under a Project nested under the Project you are copying will not be copied.
- Copied Improvements will be moved into the draft status with the copier entered as the Author
- Copied Projects will be moved into the new status with the copier entered as the Facilitator
- Copied Tasks will be moved into the new status with the copied entered as the Author.
How do I copy a Project?
To clone a Project:
- Click in the action bar.
- Click .
- In the resulting window, check the box next to “Include Copies of Tasks” to copy its Tasks; “Include Copies of Improvements” to copy its Improvements; “Include Copies of Projects” to copy its Projects.
- Click .
The new Project will be created and opened.