Your organization may have an Improvement type that you can use to submit an Improvement that has already been resolved by resolving it directly from the "Create Improvement" window.
Rather than a "Submit" button, this Improvement type will have a "Resolve" button.
You'll need to know which Improvement type, if any, has this option enabled before you can proceed.
How do I resolve certain types of improvements directly from the Create screen?
- Log into KaiNexus
- Click at the top of the screen.
- All of your organization’s types of Improvements and Projects will then be displayed, with Improvements signified by a and Projects by a . Choose the kind of Improvement your organization set to allow Completed Improvements.
- Depending on the type of Improvement, different information will be required. You will be required to enter a short summary of the Improvement - this field is often called the “Title,” “Summary,” or “Theme.”
Once you’ve entered the title, click outside that field. If there are any similar Improvements or Projects in KaiNexus, a blue badge will appear next to the magnifying glass like this: . The number displayed on that badge correlates to the number of similar items.
Hover over that icon to see a list of the titles of those similar items or click that icon to open a more detailed list of items.
This list includes the colored status bar, the Project and Improvement icons, the items’ titles and ID numbers, and the item’s similarity score - a higher score means that the item is more similar to the title you entered than the others on this list. You can click on any of those items to access the Project or Improvement itself.
Attributes - You may also have the opportunity to assign different Attributes to your Improvement. Our customers often use Priority and Strategic Initiative as Attributes, for example. These will help categorize and organize the Improvements.
"Add to Projects?" - Submit your Improvement as part of an existing Project by selecting the Project from the Add to project menu.
Team - Depending on your permissions and Roles within KaiNexus, may be able to add people to the team.
- Edit the Author(s) if, for example, you are entering the Improvement on behalf of someone else or if you were only one of the people who came up with the idea.
- Assign the Improvement by making someone the Responsible for it.
- Add Followers to the Improvement if there are people who you know will want/need to keep informed about it.
Add files and links so that all information about the Improvement will be stored in a single location. For example, you can add images, spreadsheets, project charters, and links to secure documents.
Make the Improvement private so that only people directly involved with it can see its name and summary, view its data and charts, and access its attachments by checking the box next to “Make Private?”.
When you're finished, click .
If there are multiple Locations involved, you will be asked which one(s) you would like have notified that the Improvement was submitted. At least one Location must be selected for notification.
Resolve the Improvement as you normally would.
Choose who you would like to notify, and how you would like them to be notified (daily digest or immediate email). NOTE: Depending on your organization’s settings, this step may not be necessary.