There are four main reasons why a person might get an email from KaiNexus:
Every active user gets a digest email at least once a week, as long as changes have been made to a Project, Improvement, or Task with which they're involved. This email will contain all the important updates made to your items since your last digest was sent.
- Association-Based: You have an association with Improvement or a Project and an action occurs on that item. The vast majority of the time you will be notified of this via the digest. For some items that are more time sensitive, you will be notified via an email.
- Opt-In: A role you have contains Opt-In notification preference or you have set up custom Opt-In notification preference. Opt-In notifications are created to control the flow of information occurring in the system and highlight bottlenecks.
- User Elected: One of your colleagues has elected to notify you of something in KaiNexus such as:
If you are a leader in the system, you may want to opt-in to be notified about activity going on in the Location you lead.
Each Role comes with default notification preferences set by your organization, but if you want more control over which notifications you receive and when you receive them, you may want to create custom notification preferences.
How do I customize my notification preferences?
- Click your name in the top right corner.
- Click .
- Click in the top right corner of the resulting window.
- Click .
- The digest is an email that details all activity that has gone on with your Improvement work since your last digest. It keeps you in the loop without flooding you with immediate emails.
- Control when you want to receive the digest by checking the boxes next to those days at the bottom of the window. You must have at least one day selected.
- A user’s default notification preferences are those assigned to their Role, but you have the option to customize them by clicking .
- Return to the default settings by clicking .
- Click to create a new notification preference. See below for more details.
- Click to copy all of the default notification preferences into the custom preferences page. This is useful if you only want to make a few small changes to the default settings.
- Click to clear the list of customized preferences so that you can start over from scratch.
- Edit any preference by clicking next to that preference. You have the same options when editing a preference as when creating one, so the instructions below can be applied here as well.
- Delete a preference entirely by clicking .
In the New Notification Preference window:
You will first be prompted to choose a Type - Projects, Tasks, or Improvements.
You will be prompted to choose a status. For example, you can choose to be notified about Improvements that are new, overdue, become active, etc.
Check to include Improvements that are part of a Project. Uncheck this box to only include stand-alone Projects.
- Anywhere - Get notified about Improvements in every location of the organization. This is best for Process Improvement or other leaders who need to hear about all Improvements made in the organization, not just ones in certain locations.
- User’s Location & Below - Get notified about Improvements in your location, as well as the locations under it. This is best for users who lead a department or division made up of several sub-levels, who need to be informed about all work done in each tier of their location.
- User’s Location Only - Get notified only about work done in your specific location. This is used in cases where you lead a group or team that has sub-levels in the Network but you only want to be notified about the work done at that particular location.
- Specific Location - There is a fourth option in the location dropdown. You can choose to be notified about a location in which you do not reside. Enter the name of the location and select either “This location & Below” or “This Location Only.”
NOTE: Only new, overdue, and resolution submitted statuses ask for when you want to be notified.
- Immediately - You will be notified that day.
- Delayed - You will be notified after a set number of days.
- Check to be notified about this event every week until it is addressed. This keeps information from falling through the cracks.
- Alert Only - An alert is added to the Improvement, marking it for your attention.
- Alert + Email - An alert is added to the Improvement and you will receive an email containing information about this event.
NOTE: The only status for which you will be given advanced options is completed Improvements.
- Impact Types - Choose which impact types you want to be informed about.
- No Change Reasons - Choose which No Change reasons you want to be informed about.
- Third Option Reasons (this terminology will vary based on your organization's preferences) - Choose which Third Option reasons you want to be informed about.