Who can resolve an Improvement?
- The person who is responsible for it.
- The person/people who assigned it.
- Anyone with the "Edit" permission for Improvements in that level of the organization.
How do I resolve an Improvement?
There are three ways you can go about resolving an Improvement:
- Click in the action bar.
By clicking this button, you will open the Resolution window.
- Navigate to the Resolution tab.
Clicking or "Submit Resolution" under this tab will open the Resolution window.
- Add your Resolution from the main Improvement page.
The Resolution field is located under the Charts field on the Improvement's main page. Clicking or "Submit Resolution" under this tab will open the Resolution window.
Regardless of your method, the Resolution window will open. The text on this page may vary depending on your organization's settings.
From the Resolution screen:
- Fill in any required or optional fields
- Answer the "Change" question if one is displayed
- Enter the Impact(s) or Reason(s) if prompted.
- If it's listed, answer "Review in the future?" question.
- Click "Details" to open a list of all the Improvement's fields and attributes. Edit any of that information.
- Click "Complete" to resolve the Improvement or, if you don't have the right permissions to resolve it yourself, click "Submit for approval;" the Assigner will be notified.
Who can edit an Improvement's Resolution?
If the Improvement is not complete:
- Anyone who can edit the Improvement.
If the Improvement is complete:
- The Assigner.
- Anyone with permission to assign Improvements in that level of the organization.
How do I edit an Improvement’s Resolution?
To edit your Improvement’s Resolution, either:
- Open the Resolution tab and click in the Resolution section.
- Click and then click .
This will open the Resolution window. From here, you can edit the:
- Impact or No Change reasons
- Review dates and information
- Honor roll
I want to finish working on my Resolution at a later time.
If you have started filling out a Resolution but decide you need to come back to it later, you’ll want to save your progress. To do so, click "Save."
In the future, when you open the Resolution window as detailed above, the information you have already provided will be included on the form.