When copying a Project, Improvement, or Incident (if you have the Incident Add-On enabled), you have the option of copying all of its nested Tasks, Projects, and Improvements as well.
NOTE: Only Improvements and Projects nested directly under this Project will be copied. That is, an Improvement nested under a Project that is nested under the Project you are copying will not be copied.
To copy an item, you must:
- Have access to it.
- Have permission to create that kind of item.
NOTE: If it’s part of a Project, you must also be a member of that Project’s team.
What happens when I copy a Project, Improvement, or Incident’s nested items?
- Copied Improvements will be moved into the draft status with the copier entered as the Author
- Copied Projects will be moved into the new status with the copier entered as the Facilitator
- Copied Tasks will be moved into the new status with the copied entered as the Author.
The following information will be copied for each item:
- Parent Project
- Whether it is Private or not
How do I copy the nested items while copying the parent Project, Improvement, or Incident?
- Open the Project, Improvement, or Incident you want to copy.
- Click in the action bar.
- Click .
- In the resulting window:
- If you’re copying an Incident or Improvement: check the box next to “Include Copies of Tasks” to copy its Tasks.
- If you’re copying a Project: check the box next to “Include Copies of Tasks” to copy its Tasks; “Include Copies of Improvements” to copy its Improvements; “Include Copies of Projects” to copy its Projects.
- Click .