We’ve added the ability to create an automatically calculated data series on your chart. The calculated series can be a:
- Percent Change - The percent change represents the degree of change over time as a percentage.
How do I add a calculated data series?
- Open the “Edit” window for the chart you want to work with.
- Either add a series by clicking or edit an existing series by clicking its name.
- Configure the series as you’re used to:
- Give it a name and, optionally, a description.
- Choose whether it should be a line, dashed line, or bar.
- If it’s a line, choose whether the markers should be shown or hidden.
- Choose whether it should be affiliated with left or right y-axis.
- Pick the representative color.
- In the “Operator” drop-down field, choose which operator the calculated series should use. Depending on which you pick, various new fields will appear.
If you chose:
- Sum: Enter each series you want added together in the “Series” field.
- Difference: Enter the series you want to subtract from in the “Series to subtract from” field and the series you want to subtract from the “Series to subtract” field.
- Average: Enter each series you want to be included in the average in the “Series” field.
- Percent: Enter the series you want as the numerator in the “Numerator Series” field and the series you want as the denominator in the “Denominator Series” field.
- Percent Change: Enter the baseline series in the “Baseline or Original (% change from)” field and the current series in the “Actual or Current” field.
- Click .
The series’ column will be automatically filled in with the appropriate data. Click to keep your changes.