You can quickly edit several Tasks on a Project or Improvement at once.
- Edit the Tasks’ due date.
- Change the Assignee.
- Plan, complete, or defer them.
To bulk edit Tasks:
- Navigate to the Project or Improvement containing the Tasks you want to work with.
- Open the “Tasks” tab or scroll down the the “Tasks” section on the “All” tab.
- Check the box to the right of every Task you want to edit.
- Click on the top right side of the “Tasks” section.
In the resulting drop-down menu, click:
- “Edit Due Date” to change the due date of all selected Tasks. In the resulting window, enter the new due date.
NOTE: Tasks that do not already have a due date set will not be affected by this change.
- “Change Assignee” to assign or reassign all selected Tasks. In the resulting window, enter the name of the person to whom you want to assign these Tasks in the “Assign To” field.
The general rule is that you can assign a Task to anyone to whom you can assign an Improvement. That person will be notified that you have assigned them a Task.
You can request the help of anyone in your organization. That person will be notified that you have requested their help, and will be prompted to accept or decline your request. If they decline, they will have to give a reason why.
- “Plan” to move the selected Tasks into the planned status. In the resulting window, you have the option of entering a reason for planning the Task, of entering a start and end date, and of assigning the Task. If you enter those dates, you must also assign the Task. If you assign the Task, you can change the Assigner.
- “Defer” to move the selected Tasks into the deferred status. In the resulting window, you have the option of entering a reason for deferring the Task.
- “Complete” to move the selected Tasks into the completed status. In the resulting window, you have the option of entering a comment.